Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Battery
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Am I taking too many images?
5 months ago

A little background.  I have a full time job and do weddings/family portraits/products/etc part time.  I got the D800 back in March of 2013 (4/23/13).  I've been busy lately...  This last week has been the busiest I've ever been!

So I did a opanda shutter count and it came up with 43,939 clicks.  So that averages out to about 101 images per day (435 days)!

At weddings I tend to take a lot of extras.  My philosophy is that it's a lot faster/easier to reject an image in LR then try to Photoshop someones eyes open... Kids are notorious for this!  I did a family portrait with 8 kids and 10 adults, took like 20 images and still had to Photoshop two kids...

For example, for a group shot, I will always take multiples for blink insurance and just reject in LR.  For a couple its 2 shots on average but for a large group it can be upwards of 10-15.  For example, I did a Pakistani wedding and one group shot was about 60 people.  I think I took like 15 shots...  only 1 had everyone looking at the camera so I just rejected the other 14.  Done.  Meanwhile my HDDs are filling up, but they're cheap enough.

Does anyone think this is excessive?  I'm not worried about my shutter or anything, I'm just curious what others are doing.

Thanks,

Dave

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
AmenNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow