Test my knowledge of sensors. Leaving all emotions aside.

Started Jul 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Juanito123 Forum Member • Posts: 58
Test my knowledge of sensors. Leaving all emotions aside.

Hi all, I've been taking a look through the Glossary here on DPReview.com to get a un-biased understanding of the difference between sensors. I wonder if someone knowledgeable would be kind enough to cast an eye of these, and confirm or correct my statements:

Trolls will invariably try to muddy the water by changing the subject, referencing factors not mentioned (eg DoF, ISO...) so they'll be easy to spot.

1. A full-frame 50mm f/4 lens has an equivalent field of view as a 100mm /f4 M43 lens, and both are equally 'bright'
(ie both lenses have same FoV, both provide their sensors with same amount of light per mm2, and so both would use the same combination of A, S and ISO for correct exposure)

2. A full-frame 50mm f/4 lens attached to a M43 camera is equivalent to a 100mm /f4 M43 lens
(ie sensor is only using half the avaliable image passing through the lens, however light per mm2 on each sensor remains the same)

3. A full-frame 50mm f/4 lens attached to a M43 camera is much larger than an equivalent native 100mm /f4 M43 lens
(ie all of the light captured by the M43 lens is used by the M43 sensor, not so with FF lens)

4. A full-frame 50mm f/4 lens attached with a 'speed-booster' to a M43 camera is equivalent to a 70mm /f2.8 M43 lens
(ie better use of the greater light capturing capabilities of the FF lens, makes the extra glass work for you)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow