That's it, I'm getting rid of my XE1. Locked

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
day2012
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Re: That's it, I'm getting rid of my XE1.
In reply to mistermejia, 3 weeks ago

I'd be inclined to think of this as two separate issues: (1) Metering; (2) Flash. If I were you, I would experiment carefully with the three metering modes before trying to involve the flash. You can access these with the AE button towards the lower left on the back of the camera. I might set the camera on auto-everything, then put the camera on a tripod and take three shots, one with each metering mode. Actually, with spot metering, I might try a few shots, choosing a different part of the scene to meter off each time. Only when you're completely comfortable with the metering would I start adding flash to the mix.

Having said all that, I think you're right; the X-E1 is not really a camera for taking quick snaps. I'm getting better (quicker and higher %age of useable shots), but there is still a lot of stuff that I am thinking about when I am shooting. I enjoy that feeling and I enjoy the feeling that I'm getting better at it. But I can understand the feeling of wanting the camera to do something sensible "by default"!

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow