Lytro Ilum: Who pre-ordered? Thoughts/comments?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincentnyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,531Gear list
Like?
Lytro Ilum: Who pre-ordered? Thoughts/comments?
3 months ago

Dear All:

I pre-ordered my Lytro Ilum quite a while back and don't have much new regarding its progress, expected shipping date, etc.  Even some of its features are tough to find details about until a couple of video interviews showed up on various sites.  Kind of odd that a company introducing a new product would "hide" its features rather than clearly point them out on their product page!

Just wondering if anyone on dpreview might have also pre-ordered and what their thoughts might be?

Initially, they wrote that I should receive my camera in August.  This being July already, one would typically have expected some type of "progress email" to pre-order customers to keep everyone abreast of its development, manufacturing status, etc.  No such thing yet.

Of course, the company might be intensely in the midst of trying to get their product out and get it done "right" - clearly, that's the more important priority.

Hope to hear from others here!

Cheers.

vincentnyc's gear list:vincentnyc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow