Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fakuryu
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Philippine Pentaxians Grand EB 2014 and one for the rumor mill
3 weeks ago

We just had an EB setup my the biggest camera brick and mortar (Camerahaus) and the biggest photography magazine (Digital Photographer Philippines) today and was a blast. All of the DA Limiteds went on sale with a hefty 20% discount (just slightly lower than the current price in Amazon, cameras and lenses here at expensive!)

Finally got to the new HD Limiteds and the 20-40 and man that lens is huge for Pentax standards!

I think this one was taken with the DA 20-40?

I would've loved the DA 35 Macro Limited but it was the slowish AF that kept me away.

The Pentax K50 Filipino Pride Edition, AFAIK no other country will have such an edition. From what I've heard that the big brick and mortar swayed Pentax to make one.

There was a fun shoot out too, the LCD of participating photographers where taped. 2 strobe setup and light meter were just the tools that were allowed. The best photo will win a new DA 50 f1.8

But I really went there to get a my 2nd copy of the DA 35 f2.4 that was on sale for  US$100 (normally goes for US$300) yes, lenses are expensive here. We also tested the DA 35 f2.4 vs the 20-40 Limited. Both at 35mm f4 on the K5IIs... we agreed that it was tie in overall sharpness, contrast and color. Every Pentax shooter should have that Fantastic Plastic.

And one for the rumor mill. Executives from Pentax Japan will visit us again in the way that the K5IIs was released before and we were probably the very few ones in the world that gain access and played around with it. The thing is that nobody knows why they will be visiting around or before Photokina, no real announcements aside from the 645Z that they will be bringing along. No rumors from the contacts from Cebu plant either and AFAIK they didn't even know that Pentax Japan will be visiting.

HD* 70-200 f2.8 maybe?

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow