ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
exRhodesian
Regular MemberPosts: 283
Like?
Nikon 600mm f4 lens sharp ?
2 months ago

Hi,

I'm sure you all know the answer so let me re-phrase my question - In Photoshop / Lightroom...

" Would one use the same Sharpening Settings on images taken on the Nikon 600mm f4 lens as one would use on images taken on the Tamron 150-600 or the Nikon 80-400mm ...etc ? "

The reason being is that one hears, for example, that Lens 'X' is much sharper than Lens 'Y'. If so , then do images taken on Lens 'X' need to be sharpened as much as images taken on Lens "Y" ?

In Lightroom or Photoshop I usually sharpen / USM images taken on the 80-400mmG at level 60. If so then should I also use level 60 on images taken on the Nikon 600mmED - wouldn't this cause an over-sharpening effect on lenses such as the prime 400mm, 500mm & 600mm lenses ?

Below is the same RAW image taken on the D800 with the 600mm f/4D ED-IF AF-S II with the first image unsharpened and the 2nd image sharpened at USM 60.

Do images taken on the prime 400mm, 500mm & 600mm lenses need sharpening - if so how much ?

Thanks,

Adrian

unsharpened

sharpened at USM 60

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow