Lens reversal ring for Olympus 60mm macro?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ThePhilips
Regular MemberPosts: 340Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens reversal ring for Olympus 60mm macro?
In reply to Zensu11, 1 month ago

Zensu11 wrote:

Dunkelbunt wrote:

Being a beginner myself, my understanding is that reversing a macro lens gets you even closer to your subject than the extension tubes will alone. I do own extension tubes and would like to try using them together with the lens reversal ring to be able to fill the frame with the eye of a dragonfly for example.

I think I've misplaced mine because I found a better way to "skin the cat" as we used to say. When you reverse a lens to a camera body the working distance between the rear of you reversed lens to your subject becomes very difficult. You will literally be touching the rear lens element in some cases.

A much better solution (for me at least) is to mount the 60mm macro normally then get a "macro coupler".

+1 for macro couplers.

Have no personal experiences, but my friend used that to photograph snowflakes. (Though instead of the macro coupler ring, he used the duct tape on the venerable Canon 85mm.)

Effectively, one uses reversed lens as a close-up filter (with the help of the coupler ring) screwing it on another lens. Simply search for "macro coupler ring".

P.S. Just gotten myself a set of close-up filters, btw. Another affordable option for macro.

ThePhilips's gear list:ThePhilips's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow