Blurred photos with Olympus m.zuiko digital 75-300mm

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ThePhilips
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Re: Blurred photos with Olympus m.zuiko digital 75-300mm
In reply to jsa1952, 4 months ago

jsa1952 wrote:

Thanks, the gear is already updated. I will try with this settings.

I compare the photos with the photos taken with the 50-200mm lens with tc 1.4 converter and photos with this combo are much more sharp.

I will try again the 75-300mm but i was very unhappy with it.

Regards

50-200mm is a large and heavier lens. The weight simply forces you (and size allows you to) to hold the camera much steadier than with the lighter 75-300. (*)

At least that was my experience with 2.0/50mm vs. 1.8/45mm on GX7. The 50mm simply anchors the camera to my both hands, while with the 45mm I tend to hold the camera casually, with only one hand. As soon as I have started holding camera with 45mm with both hands, the sharpness went up considerably.

That is confirmed by the type of the blur you have in the posted images: it is all vertical. IOW, during exposure camera moves in vertical plane. (For example: pressing the shutter button.) A poor quality lens would produce non-directional uniform blur, as if slightly/not-so-slightly OOF.

(*) Needless to remind that 75-300 (in 43 terms) is a SG (standard grade) lens, while 50-200 is a HG (high grade) lens. It is only given that 50-200 would produce better images, even with the TC14 (which is itself too a very very high quality optics). Lots of 43 shooters were/are using 50-200+TC14 instead of the 70-300.

ThePhilips's gear list:ThePhilips's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow