Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donald M Mackinnon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,417Gear list
Like?
RX100 gutted .....
1 month ago

because today my two week old RX100 gave me a message"Battery exhausted" for the second time in two days. Like many I wondered how I had managed to drain the camera the first time the message appeared but decided to fully charge it, although the nagging doubt was there.

When it came up again today without having been used, on the first day of my holiday !!,  I knew then it was a "Houston we have a problem" fault.

I decided to try a Google search and discovered the issue to be incredibly common. The general view seems to be disable the "drop sensor" setting which I have done, and now wait nervously to see if this will cure it, but I would appreciate any other tips.

I tried trawling the sites where there are threads relating to the fault and the drop sensor disable is the only fix I have seen.

Such a fab compact as well, truly gutted but will be relieved if it can be fixed.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow