Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike earussi
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745
Like?
how to make the Q look like the M
2 months ago

My thanks to Rick for providing me with three matched sets of raws. So far I've only had a chance to work in detail with one set but this is what I've found so far: with judicious PP it is easier to make the Q look like the M regarding tonal differentiation than it is to make the M match the excellent color of the Q.

Here are three images, the first two are the Q and M processed with the same settings in SPP6 and the third is the Q after I've manipulated it in ACR.

M

Q

Q processed in ACR with 75% Clarity and sharpening to taste

The Q straight out of SPP6 seems to have a sort of blue haze over it that softens the image, as if the UV filter wasn't made strong enough. But the Clarity slider in ACR gets rid of that pretty well, if not over done.

I'm really hoping (and trying hard) to make the Q work for me as I would like to upgrade my SD15, and I'm assuming the Q chip will be used in Sigma's next SD incarnation, and I don't want to wait several more years for their FF body (should they make one).

I'm not saying I can fully duplicate the M in the Q, but I'm getting closer.

BTW, these are uploaded at jpeg 12 so there should be no appreciable loss from the tiff if you wish to manipulate them yourself.

Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow