Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Noctilucent clouds in the Netherlands
In reply to chrisjjb, 5 months ago

chrisjjb wrote:

Those are very nice. The contrast is just right. I love the colours as well

Clouds look amazing. Do you use the GH4 mainly for stills or do you video as well?

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjjb
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers

Thx...Mainly stills. Had to shot the marriage (well party) of my BrotherIL and used video 4K a lot. Have to decide on which software to use for 4K though. Bit tempted by Sony's software bundles (but they seem to have simplfied it a lot and geared towards iPADS etcc), Corel Ultima 7 (which has fantastic stabilising plug in) etc.

But the main thing for vidoe is shooting tornadoes with it, which are of course very fast turning. If you want to see details there and capture the nicest bursts 4K video is the best. Stills will be lucky shots. GH4 is great here, but I'll have to wait till august and september to get a good chance for tornadoes (waterspouts) here. I missed out on two/three tornadoes last month in Belgium and The Netherlands (right storm, wrong place).

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Thx.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow