What's wrong with my fisheye? Green fringes.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
Re: What's wrong with my fisheye? Green fringes.
In reply to kona_moon, 3 months ago

kona_moon wrote:

I just got a 10mm f/3.5 (Samsung NX Fisheye) and took it out for a spin. I expected some distortions, but I got more than expected with green fringing/vignette/CA. Is this normal for this lens? It was mounted on a NX200, shot JPEG at iso200, f/5.6, 1/1600 sec. I get the same effect on all shots, but worse when aperture is wide open. I don't see any green fringes on the screen when composing. Am I missing a FW update? Photo below is OOC JPG.

BTW, when I opened the box I noticed that the front cover ring (where label "SAMSUNG LENS 1:3.5 10mm Fisheye" is printed) was loose. It appears to be stuck on with double-sided tape. I put it back in place and pressed gently against the tape, and it has stayed on since. Could that have something to do with it?

I don't see CA in this image, but I do see an allround green cast, which is certainly not normal. Did you check your white balance setting?

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow