+++++ This week through your m43 -- 5 July +++++

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Robbster
Regular MemberPosts: 263Gear list
Like?
Statue of Liberty at Night, Surprising Results shot with GM1
In reply to Hen3ry, 3 months ago

Statue of Liberty Twilight 100% crop shot with GM1 and Oly 14-150 at 300mm equiv. FL, 200 ISO, f5.6, 1 sec, tripod. In camera JPEG, NO post processing other than cropping.  Motion of sloop flying flag passing in front of the camera during the exposure.

In the shot above, the point is sometimes events conspire to produce an unexpected but very nice result! In this case, as I was shooting the Statue of Liberty from our hotel room in Battery Park on lower Manhattan and generally experimenting with my new GM1, a sailing sloop passed by flying an American flag. It was moving right to left in the shot, so I knew the masts and flag would be blurred in the 1 second exposure, but shot it anyway, as I've sometimes gotten interesting motion effects with longer exposures, with the result you see above. Personally was thrilled at the outcome I do very little post processing, preferring to get results as much as possible with the camera directly, so this little surprise was very rewarding personally.

And here is another night shot a bit later, really liked the dramatic lighting...  Was very pleased to get these shots from so far away with such a simple and light weight setup.

Statue of Liberty Twilight 100% crop shot with GM1 and Oly 14-150 at 300mm equiv. FL, 200 ISO, f5.6, 3.2 sec, tripod. In camera JPEG, NO post processing other than cropping.

-- hide signature --

Create the future or live someone else's. Choose wisely!

Robbster's gear list:Robbster's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Thx.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow