Corner tests for 16-35 f/4 vs. 16-35 f/2.8 (v.1) vs. 24-70 f/2.8L II

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Abu Mahendra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,389Gear list
Like?
Re: Corner tests for 16-35 f/4 vs. 16-35 f/2.8 (v.1) vs. 24-70 f/2.8L II
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 5 months ago

Yes, I got it then. And I get it now. The thing is that:
1. Not all lenses suffer from FC, and if they do, not necesarily to the same degree. Has the EF 16-35IS been verified to suffer from this? Has the EF-M 11-22? Did Klaus say it was an issue in his review of 16-35IS? That image and explanation of FC from PZ that you posted pertains specifically to one particular lens, one that is not under discussion here or on my other thread.
2. UW lenses are not always and by all used for maximum sharpness across the frame stopped down. I, for one, don't most of the time.
3. Therefore tests--at least my test--are made to measure inherent lens resolution independent of who and how they are used. You start with the general case, and then, from there, you get into the weeds. You do not assume how people will use the lens, you do not assume where they will want to focus, you do not assume how they will want to frame. The focus is on the inherent resolving power of the lens.

Now, if you are obsessed with FC and wan to run your own tests for it, do just that, buy the lenses and run your own tests specifically on and for FC. You can be sure that I will not nitpick your results by saying that it didn't tesy for something it was not designed and conducted to test.

-- hide signature --

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

The onus of the evidence is on the one making the claim, not on the one questioning the claim.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow