Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mongrel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,179
Like?
Re: Corner tests for 16-35 f/4 vs. 16-35 f/2.8 (v.1) vs. 24-70 f/2.8L II
In reply to Rick Knepper, 3 months ago

Rick Knepper wrote:

Mongrel wrote:

Good 'ole DPreview where even the best attempts to be helpful by real live professional photographers are subject to the sarcasm, criticism, rants and raves of amateurs!

*sigh*

Craig, thanks for the time you took to put this up. Certainly offers enough proof of Canons improvements in their wide-angle zooms. Nice portfolio as well...

Is amateur intended to be an insult? LOL dude.

Being a professional photographer has nothing to do with being observant, experienced and well-written unless you are those things independently. All of us are professionals in other fields and we can spot professional demeanor and treatment of the subject matter a mile away - talking about you, Mongrel, right this minute. Mr. hotdog's characterization of the 24-70 II was wrong and he admitted to misspeaking. Why are you characterizing my comments (or any others for that matter) as criticisms, rants, raves or sarcasm?

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Various RAW comparisons at Link below. Includes 5D3 vs D800E (new uploads), 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

Rick, you were right to call me out on this...and I'd like to apologize for it-sincerely apologize.

My comment was really triggered by something said prior to your post, and was further incited by a general 'tone' of disrespect on DPR I've seen toward photographers (pro and "amateur") who have portfolios to back up their opinions. Portfolios which obviously are the result of years of practice and study in the art of photography.

After having spent some time reviewing your work I would not in any way classify you as an "amateur", and I never intended that part of my comment to be for you in the first place. You have some wonderful galleries and a great eye for capturing the spirit and majesty of the places you've visited.

Respectfully,

Anthony

-- hide signature --

Just think, if every key-stroke was a shutter-press we would all be pros by now...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow