Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,196Gear list
Like?
Wi-Fi Help
2 months ago

I have my canon IXUS 255 working with my win7 laptop and vista 64bit desktop for a WiFi connection, but they always connect through my router or access point, which is no trouble while I am at home.

But on the road I don't have my router so I would like to connect the wifi directly to my win7 laptop.  So reading the user guide I see that vista it is not possible but is possible with win7 OS, but canon camera window is required.  It says that to be able to use it I must switch camera window on the windows menu from wanting to see a camera connected by cable over to expecting a wifi connection.  This should be done with the menu item called 'WiFi connection setup' which only appears on my win7 laptop, not vista, and I have already done this setup.

So now I go to make the connection and everytime I attempt to use camera window it says 'you don't have a camera connected', as it is still expecting a camera to be connected by the USB cable so won't start at all.

Has anyone got this to work without going through an access point, and using windows and not a hand held smart device which has an App for this.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow