Are my images Green?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,721Gear list
Like?
You applied color space instead of converting.
In reply to Powen, 5 months ago

OK I see what you are doing. I downloaded the original and opened in PS. It's tagged as sRGB and looks green and washed out. I "applied" (not converted) the proGB color space and the image looks like the preview/correct. I'm not sure what workflow you are using but you have to CONVERT to a profile, not assign them.

I uploaded the "fixed" file after I assigned proRGB and then -converted- back to sRGB. You will see now the click through original looks fine. (I downsampled it to save upload time).

Fixed-Not my image

And honestly, unless you really understand color space (and know why you really need a wider color space for a particular image), you're probably better off capturing and working in sRGB. Wider <> "better". For most images, even when used correctly, the difference is pretty subtle but the problems caused by incorrect color space use is not, as you have found out.

I understand color space but I still work in sRGB most of the time as that is what most of my images will end up in anyway. If it's a "special" images, I can always pull a aRGB etc. out of the RAW file to edit for printing on a wide gamut printer.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow