Help a newb set up his Aperture library

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,823
Like?
Re: Help a newb set up his Aperture library
In reply to Big Swifty, 4 weeks ago

Big Swifty wrote:

I've thought about updating the internal HD but I live in Peru where Apple and compatible products are very hard to find and extremely expensive if you can find them. I'm going to have to go back and reread your informative post a few times in order to absorb it all. Thanks.

Changing the internal HDD on a 2009 MBP is pretty easy (there are actually instructions on how to do it in the printed manual Apple shipped with the computer, ie, you are not even voiding any warranty). No special screwdrivers needed (just something around size 0), the only thing to watch out for is that the battery cannot be removed and thus touching the wrong thing with something metallic could cause damage, so just be careful with the screwdriver once you have opened the lid.

And what goes in are standard 2.5" HDDs as every laptop uses them (excluding the few newer laptops which use slot-type SSDs like the MacBook Air or retina MacBook Pro).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow