Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLeeT
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
SEL55-210/DH 1758: More Hummingbirds
1 month ago

I was able to get a few shots of the hummers with better lighting.  I think these are a bit better than the ones posted before.

C&C welcome. Lee

Never ceases to amaze:  Their wings flap at 53 times per second.  In their migration, they make the non-stop, 600 mile, 20+ hour  flight across the Gulf of Mexico!

They can consume up to eight times their body weight a day in liquids and foods.  If active, they can starve to death in as little as two hours.  They have to build up fat big time before their migration flight.

They are the smallest bird there is, yet they can fly at 30 mph/48 kph and dive at 60 mph/96 kph.  Their heart rate is as high as 1260 times per minute.

Well, just threw this in because this guy came by while I was waiting on the hummers.  Shows once again, that the 55-210/TC combo makes a pretty good close up lens.

DLeeT's gear list:DLeeT's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow