Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MiaBanks
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from Nikon D40x - should I get D5300 or D7100
5 months ago

I have decided to upgrade my Nikon primarily because my son plays water polo and I love taking action photos of them in the pool.  I believe the additional focus points (and speed) will help me get clearer shots of the action. (I am also going on a safari soon.)

I have a Tamron SP 70-300 lens that I will not be able to us on the D5300.  So I can either buy the Costco D5300 setup for $1100, which includes the body and a Nikkor 55-300 lens, or I can just buy the body of the D7100 for about the same price (and continue to use my Tamron lens).

I am embarrassed to say that I do not use all the features of my D40x now (I am most definitely an amateur photographer who gets some amazing shots because I take a lot of photos  ).

Any recommendations for me?  Thank you!

MiaBanks's gear list:MiaBanks's gear list
Nikon D5300 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Nikon D40X Nikon D5300 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow