Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
day2012
day2012 Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: One more thing about these raw files

John Rausch wrote:

Because you can use this or that converter to make these E2 images better does not satisfy me. I tried and bought, at a ridiculous price, not to mention updates, Photo Ninja, but it only helps some images, not others. I choose to not manage a stable of raw converters to deal with the X-Trans sensor. And I don't want to speed three, four and more times in post processing than I what I'm accustomed to with any converter. And even if Photo Ninja were the end all and be all, I hesitate to invest my workflow in a two-person company that could disappear overnight, by choice, economics or dump truck. Same for some of the other converters praised in in the never-ending X-Trans saga.

As much as we love to hate Adobe, it will be around. Either Fujifilm needs to explain to Adobe the "right" way to convert the X-Trans raw or develop a raw converter of their own that works. Canon's works well, Nikon's too. Counting on converters like SilkyPix is just plain stupid! Fujifilm is a small percentage of Adobes market and my bet is they are not going to spend a whole lot of money trying to devine a good conversion out of a unique sensor that could go away in a few months.

All that said, I'm sticking around for the time being to see how Fujifillm addresses the many issues I have with such a promising photographic system.

-- hide signature --

John Rausch

With a hundred posts in the thread, you finally explain what you mean. You want to use LightRoom because you already have an established workflow. LightRoom is not great with X-Trans files (although apparently it is better than it was), so you are better off with a camera with a Bayer sensor. You should have said this in the first place - this would have been a much shorter thread!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow