Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
day2012
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
Re: One more thing about these raw files
In reply to John Rausch, 4 weeks ago

John Rausch wrote:

Because you can use this or that converter to make these E2 images better does not satisfy me. I tried and bought, at a ridiculous price, not to mention updates, Photo Ninja, but it only helps some images, not others. I choose to not manage a stable of raw converters to deal with the X-Trans sensor. And I don't want to speed three, four and more times in post processing than I what I'm accustomed to with any converter. And even if Photo Ninja were the end all and be all, I hesitate to invest my workflow in a two-person company that could disappear overnight, by choice, economics or dump truck. Same for some of the other converters praised in in the never-ending X-Trans saga.

As much as we love to hate Adobe, it will be around. Either Fujifilm needs to explain to Adobe the "right" way to convert the X-Trans raw or develop a raw converter of their own that works. Canon's works well, Nikon's too. Counting on converters like SilkyPix is just plain stupid! Fujifilm is a small percentage of Adobes market and my bet is they are not going to spend a whole lot of money trying to devine a good conversion out of a unique sensor that could go away in a few months.

All that said, I'm sticking around for the time being to see how Fujifillm addresses the many issues I have with such a promising photographic system.

-- hide signature --

John Rausch

With a hundred posts in the thread, you finally explain what you mean. You want to use LightRoom because you already have an established workflow. LightRoom is not great with X-Trans files (although apparently it is better than it was), so you are better off with a camera with a Bayer sensor. You should have said this in the first place - this would have been a much shorter thread!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow