Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Microshooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 965Gear list
Like?
Close-up Lens Sets for Nikon 1 Lenses??
4 months ago

I have macro lenses (105VR and 40mm) and the FT-1 for my V2 and they work great, but sometimes I am out with only my V2 and a kit lens and a photo-op for a bug or flower presents itself and I can't get in tight enough with the kit lens alone.

I have seen some forum members using close-up lens sets for macro/close-up shots that turn out very nice and am wondering which ones (40.5mm) you use, both brand and magnifications. (+1, +2, etc). Also any other recommendations.

I have a Raynox 250 but am looking for something smaller (flatter) that just slips into my pocket in a filter case. I have seen some of your results here so I know folks use them and the results are ok. Any suggestions on which ones to get and how 'you' use them (focus distance, etc.) ???

-- hide signature --

Dan
"My most rewarding shots are things I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder."
Currently shoot with Nikon D800 & V2

Microshooter's gear list:Microshooter's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +14 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow