ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Koetjesreep
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
SD Cards Locked for writing
2 months ago

Hi all,

First off I've been reading and lurking around DPReview forever but finally decided to make an account, for a question no less! I recently ran into a "problem" with the SD-Cards in my Nikon D7100, I recently bought two SanDisk 64GB SDXC cards for use with the D7100.

Last week I tried deleting from/copying to the cards (from my PC) but my PC gives me the error that the cards are locked even though the lock switch on the SD-cards themselves is in the unlocked position. My camera seems to be able to write pictures to the cards just fine (tried single shot, bursts, etc). Deleting and formatting from the camera works as usual as well. I normally don't try to do any of these things from my PC as I find it works a lot better from the camera but I had my reasons to try so last week.

It seems like the D7100 somehow locks the cards when I've used them with the camera as two older SD-cards which I used in an older mirrorless ILC seem to have the same "issue". Even though I didn't have this when I still used them with the older camera.

My question is whether or not this is considered normal and if it might result in any problems during shooting, I'll be leaving for South-America next week for seven weeks so I'd hate for my SD-cards to give out on me during the trip.

Thanks for any insights!

Koetjesreep's gear list:Koetjesreep's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow