ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgking
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Capture One vs Lightroom
5 months ago

Hi all

I have used LR since the very first beta version way back when, I am very comfortable using it and do the vast majority of my edits there with occasional visits to Photoshop for edits that LR can't handle.

I have a big investment in Canon kit and that won't change (until Fuji produce cameras and lenses that can truly do sport). But I am loving the Fuji experience and am using my X-E2 wherever I can, I am about to head off to Tuscany and the Canon's are staying at home.

I have read a lot about people switching to Capture One and have also read that it handles X-Trans files better than LR (at present). But I have had the trial version of Capture One for a while and find the interface less intuitive than LR and I'm not so keen on the workflow with PS, that seems clunky.

I guess my biggest requirement is image quality and therefore wonder if I should persevere with C1 and get to learn it or should wait for Adobe to improve the LR file handling?

I'm sure this is a debate that has been raked over a few times so sorry if it's a repeat. If you can link to any references that would be great.

As an aside I love B&W work and use the Nik Silver EFEX plugin a lot for that.

Regards
Simon

-- hide signature --

Love to take photographs less worried about the kit

sgking's gear list:sgking's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow