ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sefi Ninio
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Weird behavior - Canon 5D Mark 3
4 months ago

Hello friends,

I have a question about a rather strange phenomenon.

I use a Canon 5D Mark 3.

Yesterday, I went to shoot the milky way timelapse. Like every time I put the camera on Burst, plugged in the TC-80N3 intervalometer, set the exposure (20", F/2.8, ISO 2000) and locked the button on the remote so that when an exposure ends another one will immediately follow.

The thing is that I noticed that between shots there is a delay of about a second and the camera says "busy". A friend with the exact same camera model right next to me didn't have such a delay.

I tried with another remote and without a remote at all, I tried other memory cards (either CF 60 mb/s or SD 45 mb/s), I tried his card, I double checked: Long exp. noise reduction - off, High iso speed nr - off.

And the weird thing is, when I set the shutter speed to something like 1/100 there is no delay, the camera keeps firing and doesn't stop. Even on 1" exposure time there is no delay.

It seems that the longer the shutter speed the longer the delay.

This makes me think that this is not a physical malfunction but rather that the camera is doing something after each shot and the longer the shutter speed the longer it takes to get it done, hence the delay - but for the life of me I can't think of what it might be.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Sefi

Sefi Ninio's gear list:Sefi Ninio's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow