Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pontoneer
Contributing MemberPosts: 789Gear list
Like?
Pentax WR rating ?
3 weeks ago

I'm just curious how far anyone on this forum has exploited the WR feature of their Pentax cameras and lenses ?

I currently have the K-3 body , but no WR lenses as yet , so not about to try it out at this stage . I know the WR would probably best be described as 'splashproof' : is meant to protect the cameras against use in showery conditions and does not imply that the camera can be submerged or anything like that .

However , I'm just wondering if anyone has been more adventurous than just going out in the rain with them ?

The reason I'm asking is that we were just asked to shoot some images for a summer safety campaign , one of the aspects being people getting into trouble in water , and had thought of shooting something from the perspective of someone who had fallen into water , with an arm flailing in the foreground and a distressed friend on the bank .... this would involve the camera being right down on the water surface , perhaps partially immersed so as to get the water surface on the bottom edge of the frame .

Now , I'm not about to risk my K-3 without a WR lens , and will probably use either one of the little Olympus Tough point & shoot cameras we have , or a Go-Pro in its enclosure then grab a still image from it , but I can't help wondering if a Pentax SLR with WR lens would be water resistant enough to do something like this ?

-- hide signature --

With kind regards
Derek.

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow