Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zaffa
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
D800 inferior aeb settings vs D7100
2 months ago

So i am now the proud owner of a D800 as of yesterday . I sold my D7100 to acquire it . My question relates to the seemingly labor intensive, annoying extra button pressing way in which the D800 Auto Bracketing works compared to a D7100.

It seems the only way i can get the D800 to take multiple bracketing shots is to hold down the

shutter button , or, set the timer to take the same number of shots that i set my

bracketing to.

My D7100 took all my bracketing sequence shots automatically 1,2,3 etc after just pressing the shutter button once , even when my timer is set to just one shot . This is far more convenient.

I find this very strange about the D800 , am i missing something ?

That extra fiddling seems like an inferior software design compared to the D7100 , especially when i flick from normal single shot's to the cameras Automatic Exposure Bracketing back and forth constantly . Holding the shutter down can take 2 minutes for night AEB shots causing camera shake , and constantly adjusting the timer settings back and forth is annoying and starts making taking photos a chore. I apparently have the latest firmware installed on my D800.

I'm not sure if i should join a dedicated HDR site for these q's  ? , nobody in the DPR Nikon D800 Talk had an answer for this q's so here i am being a nuisance lol

Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow