Would we need a newly designed editing program for D810 Raw improvement?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GBJ
GBJ
Regular MemberPosts: 161
Like?
Would we need a newly designed editing program for D810 Raw improvement?
2 months ago

Ok, I'm going to ask this one again:

Would we need a newly designed editing program for the D810 camera, if we are editing the raw files at home, then converting to JPG?

The question is as much about the consensus that the Raw quality of photos seems to have remained the same as the 800(e). It is just that Nikon's Expeed 4 processor, which is only in the camera, and not on our home computers, has, by rumor, been able to pull 1/2 to 1 stop of high ISO improvement out of the Raw files.

Of course, we do not know if this is true or not.

Would this mean that this 1/2 to 1 stop improvement could only be squeezed out of the Raw file in the camera itself?

If we had this new Expeed 4 technology at home, then could we also pull more out of the Raw?

I use CS6 for editing, I can't see how I could see more Raw improvement for the D810 unless Adobe were to improve its processing algorithms and allow me to download it?

What are your thoughts, there are many things I don't know about camera technology?

Thanks for your wisdom and for sharing.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow