ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lestttro
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Great budget camera for a serious amateur
3 months ago

Hi,

I was always interested in photography but I don't plan to ever invest in high-end DSLRs, or any DSLRs for that matter (maybe it's too early to state that).

I do, however, love paying attention to details and being in control of every little one. That's why I want to become (through experience and some study) great at utilizing manual mode and manipulating the basic variables like shutter speed, aperture etc.

So, as for the camera. I want to buy something small but capable. Mostly as a to-go camera, on vacation, for the night out. But I still want to have control of as much as possible (I know I have to be prepared for a lot of compromises due to my low budget).

I was thinking of an entry-level mirrorless, or before about bridge. I won't need 60x zoom, of course, so I don't think bridge makes much sense. I was thinking of XZ-2, NX1100 (no image stabilization, though), maybe EOS-M?

Is there anything, under or around $300, that would serve as a great learning tool and also be capable of taking nice vacation pictures?

Thank you for help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow