Flat view
doodlehobby
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Got an entry level DSLR, now what?
4 weeks ago

*NEWBIE ALERT*

Okay, you've been warned...

I recently bought a Canon EOS Rebel SL1. So I got the camera I feel I won't regret and will allow me (I hope) to grow (check)... 2 lenses to start and to play with (body's no good without a lens)...

Now where to go from there. I've always used P&S cameras and of course my Phone camera. I take landscapes and group family stills. I am recently going into doll photography and would like to expand my knowledge of taking photos.

So first I need to know the basics and foundations of photography... But where exactly can I go to get that knowledge and understanding? And I need practical application too as I cannot just simply read and understand. I'm that type of learner.

I also don't plan on going professional. This is going to be a side hobby on top of my other hobbies (doodling/drawing, collecting, etc). I understand there is a lot to learn and understand. That I need to put time in to understand and learn concepts, etc (just like art but using a different medium). I just need some guidance and direction as to where to go...

TIA.

doodlehobby's gear list:doodlehobby's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 +1 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow