Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abdoozy
Regular MemberPosts: 210Gear list
Like?
Odd fringing/CA with FE 55 on a6000
1 month ago

Check out the white petals at 100% crop. Unless there's just something totally off with my Macbook, there's some wacky CA going on here.

This is straight OOC, right off the card, no processing other than the in-camera JPEG (standard settings). No filter on lens. I was testing various DOF settings in shade conditions. F/2.0 @ 1/2000. Focus was DMF, ISO 100, and I believe ISO was Auto but it may have been daylight or shade.

This was unfortunately one of few shots from today that I don't have a RAW copy of, so I can't discount that the issue might be with the in-camera processing, but I've never seen fringing like this with any of my other lenses on this camera or the NEX6.

The "Remove Chromatic Aberrations" setting in LR doesn't remove this fringing, and I can't get it out with the eyedropper. I haven't looked at this in PS5 yet.

This is my first day out with the 55 Zeiss on this body, and I'm concerned something may be amiss? The lens is freakishly sharp, but I prefer my white petals not to be fringed with day-glo orange and teal.

Hopefully it was the fault of the photographer... and if that's the case I'm sure someone will let me know     Comments welcome.

-- hide signature --

yr. obt. svt.,
abdoozy
WSSA Member#160

abdoozy's gear list:abdoozy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +11 more
Sony a6000 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow