Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,783
Like?
Re: Apple promises professional grade features in Photos
In reply to Mr Grinch, 3 weeks ago

Mr Grinch wrote:

maflynn wrote:

Perhaps, but if they follow the trend of prior software updates, like FCPx and iWork apps, they'll release a version 1.0 app that will be a shell of its predecessor and will then take months if not longer to bring it up to feature parity.

Plus that doesn't also mean all professional features will end up.

Apple's track record for pro apps, and how they handled Aperture over the years has pushed me into Adobe's arms. I'm looking at transitioning my images over to LR, At least with adobe I'll be sure what I get. With Apple who knows, maybe they'll completely change gears again in a few years because the consumer is looking for something different.

To put it another way, Apple is focusing on the consumer which are fickle, they may be adding some pro features but in all likelihood it may not have all the features. Where as Adobe has been consistent with its updating and improving of Lightroom.

Concur.

Seems to me that extensions could end up as a massive mess of unique configurations with support that comes and goes as the developer loses interest. Could be a frustrating experience that costs time and money.

Also, one Lightroom upgrade is, I think, around $79. Buying just one good plug-in usually costs more than that. So how many plug-ins are we going to need to fill the gaps between Photos and Capture One/Lightroom etc?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow