ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wezzzor
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
E5 vs Em1
3 weeks ago

Hello guys and gals.

I'm currently sitting on the fence of selling my E5 and getting an EM1. One has popped up on another forum at a good price and is almost new.

I love my E5, but I do find it lacking in the high ISO department. I know I can go on here and compare in the studio widget but has anybody done or can show samples of shadow recovery of the same scene side by side. I'd love to see real world comparisons of that higher dynamic range of the EM1 and similar with high ISO shots.

My main area of photography would be landscapes/seascapes and surfing, so nothing extremely demanding on the AF system, but from what most people are saying its as good as the E5. I  would like to try a few star shots. I've attempted a few single exposure shots with the E5 but wasn't happy with the results. Will the EM1 fair out better in this regard?

The next question is what does an E5 go for these days? My E5 is in mint condition with approx 13,000 shots. It suffered an extremely early shutter failure at 10,400 and was replaced by Olympus UK, so approx 2500 on the new shutter. I've the paperwork from Oly showing the work carried out.

I'm lucky enough to be able to purchase the M1 without the sale of E5 so I could always keep both and sell which ever one after a few weeks of trying out the M1.

I would love to hear real world feed back from people who have made the jump.

Thanks in advance, Wesley.

Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow