ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DougDeep
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Camera Recommendations for my needs...
5 months ago

Hello everyone,

New to the camera world and thought I'd take advantage of the wealth of camera experience/knowledge here at DPreview.com and get some input on what my minimum needs would be for the purpose of my camera purchase.

Mainly, I'd be shooting objects indoors with the purpose of use on the web. I'd like to set up a back-drop and set objects on that to shoot for the purpose of bringing them it into lightroom / photoshop for manipulation - but in 99% of cases the end product will be used on the web.

I've looked into DSLR's as I've felt the control was important but maybe I'm overestimating the amount of power I actually need. Money is a huge issue, and so I've come here in hopes that someone could point me to a camera that is "good enough" for what I want to use it for, but that is still under $300 when all is said and done.

Should you insist on recommending a DSLR (though for $300 I'd be surprised), I'd lean towards purchasing a Canon as both my brother and brother in law have a slew of lenses I could borrow.

Thanks for your time and in advance for any feedback you may have!

DD

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow