Considering upgrading D3 to D810 - worth it?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameron Habib
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
Considering upgrading D3 to D810 - worth it?
5 months ago

I've had my trusty D3 with me for a number of years now, and it's always performed well. I mainly use it to shoot nature and travel photography, where I appreciate the solid build, quick performance, and overall quality of the pictures. However, while it still performs like new, I'm curious as to how the latest generations of cameras (aka D810) stacks up against the D3 in terms of improvements, both in image quality and performance. I don't do much low light or action photography, but I could benefit from an increase in resolution (help with cropping) and a decrease in weight.

So the question is: would you upgrade to the D810 from a D3, skip this generation and spring for the D5 (?), or just go an entirely different route? Thanks.

Cameron Habib's gear list:Cameron Habib's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Nikon D3 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow