Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,754
Like?
Nikon color and skin tones - 3 examples and poll part II
3 months ago

I like the responses from the first poll (http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3693810).  If you haven't yet voted there, please do so.

One person seemed to be confused as to the intent of the thread (which is a low number all things considered) but I'll throw out a similar disclaimer:

All photos start with the same white balance, sharpening and noise reduction. I make no claim to the accuracy of the skin tones or colors, I am not asking for critique, nor am I making any claims that any of the images are post processed to perfection. Nor am I making any claims that everyone should use lightroom. What I am asking is that you check out the 3 pics, full screen like you'd normally look at them, and give your SUBJECTIVE vote for one. If you think they all suck, vote for the least sucky.

I will reveal tonight or tomorrow morning something that I think is very interesting from the first poll. Let's see if the 2nd shows a similar trend. The order is mixed up.

P.S. I don't find observations like "this one is too pink for me" or "this one is washed out while that one is too contrasty" negative or necessarily even a critique. I actually find that informative. So feel free to comment like that Again - this is subjective and I'm not claiming anything is 100% accurate or perfectly processed.

P.S.S. January in Wisconsin = fair skin. Light = window light

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow