Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SW Rick
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Digital Asset Manager Photo Supreme works well with X3F files
5 months ago

While looking for alternatives to Aperture, came across this Mac/Win program, Photo Supreme (http://www.idimager.com).  30-day free trial, on sale for 50% off ($40) thru July 11, which is why I am posting while it is still building my catalog.)

What's nice is that is raw processor-independent.  Within the program, you can easily set up links to any and all raw processors, and choose whichever one you want to process a particular image just by selecting the image and clicking the raw processor icon.  It then opens the raw (not a tiff or jpeg) in the raw processor you have chosen, where you can process it and create a tiff/jpeg/whatever.

I see that my Sigma X3F files are visible in the catalog (unlike Lightroom or Aperture etc which won't import them, and leave you with just a jpeg if you shot one).  Choosing the X3F file and clicking on the Sigma SPP icon opens the X3F file in SPP.

Might be useful to some...  I am still waiting for my catalog to be completed (building thumbnails), so form your own opinion.

Rick

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow