New Metz With Multifunction Shoe!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,490Gear list
Like?
Re: New Metz With Multifunction Shoe!
In reply to Glenn, 3 months ago

Glenn wrote:

They do. all recent Sigma lenses with A mounts have lens ID numbers in the camera focus table. So either they paid up or Sony let them in. either way there is more cooperation that when Minolta had the mount. Older lenses with Duplicated IDs are still a problem of course.

here is a list of known EXIF data, it also has a list of lens IDs. Looks Like metabones and others are also now getting ID's that had to take special close work between Sony and metabones to get that to work.

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/Sony.html#LensType

I'm sorry, I don't see anywhere on that list where Sigma has a unique number (especially for their new lenses).  Can you point one out?

A Lens ID that ends in a ".#" does not mean it is a unique identifier, just that it is a duplicate of the primary Lens ID.  For example:  The Sigma 50mm F/1.4 HSM has a Lens ID of 128.10 and the Sigma 24-70 F/2.8 HSM has a Lens ID of 128.12.  On a Sony camera, those don't pop up as unique identifiers.  They pop up as Lens ID 128, which it represents several Tamron and Sigma lenses. So if I have both of those lenses, I would have to change the MFA value in the camera every time I change out those lenses if each camera has different MFA measurements.

A unique Lens ID would be a unique whole number for each lens, much like you see for Sony lenses (54, 60, 70, etc.).

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow