Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveS58
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
12 mm vs. 12-40 lens?
1 month ago

Doing a lot of street photography with my EM1 and four thirds 9-18 which is somewhat slow focusing.  This past week I rented a 17mm micro four thirds lens from Lens Rentals and was amazed at how fast the focusing is compared to my older 9-18.  However, I didn't feel like the lens was "magic" in terms of sharpness and bokah, not like my 50-200 four thirds lens.  So now I'm wondering if I should take the 12mm for a test drive.  Also, I've seen a lot of reports how good the 12-40 lens is.  How sharp is the 12-40 lens open?  Any and all advice appreciated.  Someone here also suggested that I should consider the Voigtlander Nockton 17.5 f.95, that it was peerless at a price.

By the way, Lens Rentals as a source for renting lenses worked out great.  Delivered my 17mm right on time, price was good.  Give credit where credit is due.:-)

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow