a7S high ISO claim - - -over hyped or not ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JonTafferOfPhotography
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
Re: a7S high ISO claim - - -over hyped or not ?
In reply to TThorne, 2 months ago

TThorne wrote:

Rishi Sanyal wrote:

There's also a dynamic range benefit at higher ISOs. At base ISO, however, there's a dynamic range cost compared to the A7R.

This is devastating news to me. I am truly saddened to see this confirmed and thankful at the same time for the work you have put into it. I love everything about the A7S, but for practical issues on the job (for me at least) the A7 and A7R seem like the reigning champions, as I value low ISO DR above much else.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

if you "value low ISO DR above much else", the a7s is obviously not a camera you should be concerned with.  doesn't the S in a7S indicate that? no reason to be devastated.  that's like claiming to be devastated that the a7r is not medium format, lol.

JonTafferOfPhotography's gear list:JonTafferOfPhotography's gear list
Nikon D4 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow