After trying D7000 and D7100 as D90 upgrade...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381
Like?
After trying D7000 and D7100 as D90 upgrade...
1 month ago

Bought a D7000. And my, what a stunning camera !

I've been shooting NEX and Alpha (Sony) mirrorless cameras for over two years now, but always kept a Nikon set-up for my fast, horse riding pictures. The D90 was still doing a good job but I got the oppotunity to try a D7000 for a week last month, and was very pleased with the advances it brought. So I bought a D7100, but the camera's metering was totally unpredictable, and the shutter actuation had been grossly misrepresented, so I returned it. After that, I thought it safer to get a D7000 from a reputable dealer. I did and I'm thrilled with the unit it got. I went to shoot a riding session yesterday with the D7000 and D90 side by side, and though the D90 still rocks, I was *definitely* impressed by the added DR and general IQ jump in the D7000 !

I can totally recommend this camera to all the D90 owners out there wondering is the upgrade is worth it. To me it totally is !

Better DR, by a LARGE margin (actually rated wider than the D7100 by DxO labs). Two cards slot is a blessing. Very grippy and comfortable to hold. Metering solid and reliable. 39 AF points module works well, at least on my unit. Not foolproof and not as pro spec'ed as the D7100's 51 pt module, but absolutely good enough for horse jumping, and when competing those ponies are FAST. Dampened shutter sound.

Totally pleased !

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley.
http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow