Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,535Gear list
Like?
Hundred Quid Hits
2 months ago

OK a very British term but I thought a digestion of the best value stuff in M43 that £100 (or within 25% either way) UK can bring , Used and new - please post things which are regularily seen at these prices , preferably from used camera dealers and not Gumtree/E-Bay one-offs (like my EM5 with its cracked LCD)

here`s my list in order of Value for Money (to me at least) ..

Used Olympus 45mm F1.8 - (£110-£125) . notoriously tack sharp

Used Panasonic G3 (£80-£125) - Fully stable 50Mbps Broadcast quality Video when hacked, superb EVF, tiny for an EVF cam and decent 16Mp sensor in RAW , these are little gems for the money, better than a GX1 IMO (EVF, SS)

Used Panasonic 14mm F2.5 (£95-£110) - underrated, sharper than kit wide-ends and even makes the EM5 Jacket-able , Beware of duds, good ones are sharp edge to edge at F2.5

Used Olympus 12-50 EZ (£100-£125) - THE only weather sealed affordable lens, not too shabby optically and does Macro too . a gotta have and worth it for Rainy days and Macros in the UK

Olympus 40-150 (£80 used - £115 new) - Gotta be the best value telezoom out there

used Olympus EPL3 - last of the 12Mp`er Olys, still worthy if you need IBIS in a cheap body

The Legendary Panasonic 20mm hasn`t dropped to this price level used despite the Mk2 being released, likewise the 14-42-II (rated by many as best kit lens) hasn`t either, the new Panasonic 45-140 falls outside this bracket used also as do used EPL5s . I`m sure there`s more stuff though

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Samsung NX210
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow