Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,198
Like?
Re: Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1
In reply to John Rausch, 5 months ago

John Rausch wrote:

I bought an X-A1 for my son. It arrived today and I decided to make some test shots, especially of green stuff because it gave me fits in Iceland With my X-E2. I used my 35mm on all three bodies at f/8 , ISO 400 and DR100 Fir several test shots on a tripod, no OIS. The X-A1 images have no smeared, water colored greens and the bright green moss in my woods is not unnaturally bright. The X-A1 images are sharp whether looking at JPGs or processing raw files with Camera Raw 8.5 with default settings and then sharpening with unsharp mask at 100%, 0.5, 0. The X-E2 and X-M1 have the same smeared greens. Yes, I have tried Photo Ninja, even paid for it, but that's another story. I'm even more convinced X-Trans has issues.

Anyone else actually have an X-A1 and an X-Trans body with similar experience?

-- hide signature --

John Rausch

Foliage/details smearing is the first problem I observed on my XPro1 JPEGs. I remember zooming in on a photo of my daughter playing on the grass and finding the blades all mushy/watercolored looking.

Somehow this helps produce smoother skin so I'm still with Fuji. If I was a landscape shooter I would not be very happy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow