Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,191
Like?
Re: Am I losing my mind? Just got an X-A1 and images are better than X-E2 & X-M1
In reply to John Rausch, 2 months ago

John Rausch wrote:

I bought an X-A1 for my son. It arrived today and I decided to make some test shots, especially of green stuff because it gave me fits in Iceland With my X-E2. I used my 35mm on all three bodies at f/8 , ISO 400 and DR100 Fir several test shots on a tripod, no OIS. The X-A1 images have no smeared, water colored greens and the bright green moss in my woods is not unnaturally bright. The X-A1 images are sharp whether looking at JPGs or processing raw files with Camera Raw 8.5 with default settings and then sharpening with unsharp mask at 100%, 0.5, 0. The X-E2 and X-M1 have the same smeared greens. Yes, I have tried Photo Ninja, even paid for it, but that's another story. I'm even more convinced X-Trans has issues.

Anyone else actually have an X-A1 and an X-Trans body with similar experience?

-- hide signature --

John Rausch

Foliage/details smearing is the first problem I observed on my XPro1 JPEGs. I remember zooming in on a photo of my daughter playing on the grass and finding the blades all mushy/watercolored looking.

Somehow this helps produce smoother skin so I'm still with Fuji. If I was a landscape shooter I would not be very happy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow