Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Looyee77
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
A77M2 - soft skin effect
4 months ago

When I switched to RAW quality in MENU, the "soft skin effect" was not available - that is understandable.

When I switched to RAW+JPEG quality, surprisingly "soft skin effect" can be switched on. Curious about what this implies, I took a portrait shot with soft skin effect switched on to HIGH and checked the RAW as well as JPEG images using Playmemories Home, and as far as I can see, they looked exactly the same (so ruling out the possibility that the RAW is without soft skin effect and the JPEG is with the effect). Also, the face in the portrait did not look particularly "soft" so I wonder what switching this effect on really did, or did it do anything at all?

Anybody out there with your A77M2 - can you share your experience? Or even those without the camera, any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Looyee77's gear list:Looyee77's gear list
Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow