Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Don Richardson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,447Gear list
Like?
150-600mm back from Tamron w/firmware
2 months ago

It came in yesterday afternoon and I had just enough time to take a few shots in my bird garden. I have OOC, non cropped images on my zenfolio sight if your interested. Last 8 images are of a little water fall I built at several different mm's @ f6.3 and 5.6 so you could see the worst the lens can do.

I also went to the little lake down the street and took a few shots this morning that I converted from Raw/Jpeg and PP'ed in two other folders on the sight named aptly one folder called the "Stalk" that have 8 images that are converted and PP'ed the other of various birds and plant life.

I do have a series of BIF which I'm not good at due to my shaking that are extreme crops. I'm talking like 200% or more. They're there just to show the limits of the lens. I don't believe someone that does BIF well would have any problems with this lens at all.

I couldn't be happier with the lens. It was good to start with but it's got a snappier focus from near to far and back again & again. I thought it was sharp before the firmware for the money but this thing it right on tack sharp at all mm's IMHO.

I'm attaching three images with this, One from the OOC folder and two from the PP'ed and cropped folder just so you can see what the lens can do. Hope you enjoy and CC is always welcome.

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron, Converted, Croppeed & PP'ed w? Helicon Filter.

Green Heron ( Same as above on PP)

Grackle female taking off. No crop no nothing. OOC

-- hide signature --
 Don Richardson's gear list:Don Richardson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Epson Artisan 835 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow