Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KellyKelly
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Nikon D3200... Lens
4 months ago

I recently got a 3200 in the past few months and absolutely love it. My "kit" came with 18-55mm lens and 55-200mm lens. I have read and looked...and looked and read at getting a new lens. There is a TON of reviews out there, good, bad and ugly. If I know what my photo taking is gonna be..I can be ready with the right lens (or at least what I feel like is better at the moment)

I've learned you get better quality photos with a more prime lens than a broad spectrum lens. Unless you drop some serious coin.

I think I have talked myself into something like a 18-105mm lens but everything I find to read are older post and like I said, all over the place. What do I want?, something that does good with closer candid shots inside and out... and does good out walking around in nature. I think I may get a xx-300mm later for wildlife pictures, but right now I think I want an all purpose walk around lens that allows me to snap away without going, crap, I need the other lens.

I guess I'm asking for some input from others instead of a broad answer "review". I don't want to waste money on getting something if it really isn't going to make a difference. Example from what I have read... me getting a 55-300mm lens wouldn't make much sense with what I already have, but going for a 70-300mm would really improve the photo. Ect.

I did find on the forum someone asking about one lens or 18-105 and most replied with get the 105. But their question was more of an either/or question.

Would it make sense for me to go with something like that? Or am I going in the wrong direction.

Thank you for any input. I'm all lens'ed out at the moment.

Kelly.

55-200mm

55-200mm

Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow