Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
futile32
Senior MemberPosts: 1,618Gear list
Like?
A7R Travel Lens Recommendations?
3 weeks ago

In an ideal world I just want a 24-70mm F2.8 but I can't see a good solution.

The lastest 24-70mm F4 looks pretty bad at the wide end, and I've seen a number of examples with color banding/rings too. This is unacceptable for a camera/lens in this price bracket.

I no longer have my sigma 24-70mm but was curious if anyone has tried the Sigma, Tamron or Sony on the A7R and what the results are like?

I own the 35mm and 55mm FE primes, and for the most part thats perfect for what I shoot (landscape/travel/street) but I'm really wanting to cover my bases on the wide end, but I don't see a good 24mm option out there?

I own the Sony Alpha 20mm which I'm gonna try and test on the LA-EA4 tomorrow, and I also have the 70-300mm G. So I'm hopeful that will cover the long end if needed.

I just wish there was a good 24-70 or 24-205 but the new Sigma isn't available yet, and the Sony really doesn't look worth the cash.

Any suggestions for a good Travel Lens for the A7R?

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow