Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rankin Johnson
Regular MemberPosts: 142
Like?
Need a camera bag
5 months ago

I'm looking for a messenger-type bag big enough to hold an medium-sized DSLR (Sony A77, if it matters) with a 70-200 on it. Preferably, it will be:

1. Pretty well waterproof with no rain cover (lots of rain in Portland, OR)

2. Big enough for the camera, a couple of lenses and a flash, assorted little camera accessories, and nonphoto accessories like a tablet, water bottle, sunglasses, paperback, &c. Too big is probably better than too little; a messenger bag squishes down when it's not full, and I've got little kids and routinely have something more to carry.

3. Good tripod straps.

4. In a more interesting color than black. Khaki and navy hardly count. Rust? Purple?

I'm looking at the Crumpler 7- or 8-million dollar homes, and I will probably end up with one. But I can't find one locally to pick up and hold and judge size and access and how comfortable the straps are. (I have other Crumpler stuff, and the quality is good.) I want something that I can get into without having to take it off or set it down. My current bag is a backpack with a zipper that opens the entire front face. Easy access, but I have to set it down to take stuff out without worrying that I'll drop a lens on the sidewalk. Probably nylon canvas, although waxed cotton canvas would be fine, too. Leather is probably too expensive and heavy and not really waterproof.

Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

/s/ Rankin Johnson IV
-Fighting for justice, but I'll settle for a reversal.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow