Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ArneMarco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,697
Like?
Got my DP2 Quattro today
1 month ago

What a different camera to use! I think it is a very interesting concept the new DP2Q. It is very well made. I like the finish of it and also the feel of the controls. It lays good in the hands. My only problem so far is that I sometimes push the display button with my thumb when I am handling the camera. The weight and the size are actually very good for handling. I do also like the size of the lens. Although it is easy to handle with to hands it is also possible only to shoot holding it in the right hand.

It was very easy to setup and I have hardly looked into the manual so far. I do like that it now has a level, something I have missed in earlier Sigma cameras. But I miss a EVF. It would make composing and shooting much easier. But without doubt Sigma is on the right track in their design of cameras and lenses (I have bought the 18-35mm 1.8 and the 24-105mm 4 for the SD1M and I am very happy with them ...).

The sun shade has not arrived yet, nor the OVF. I hope they will come soon to the markets. What I got with the camera was a square wrapping cloth. But so far I have not figured out how to use it.

I had to download the SPP 6.0.1 to get a chance to convert the files to Tiff and PP them in Lightroom. The Photos have a lot of detail. I suppose they could be printed in A0 without problems ... Here are some shots from the very first day:

The Window

The Fence

The Information Board

The Backyard

The Barbed Wire

Crop of the Wire

The Lamp

-- hide signature --
Sigma DP2 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow