Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
folastuen
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Choice of lens, primary for nature and landscape
5 months ago

Hi. I need some advice from you, spent an hour at my favorite photo gear shop today, trying to decide what lens to go for, but couldn't agree with myself neither the guy trying to help me out..

I'm looking for a lens for my D7100, to use for primary landscape and nature photograpy. Will be doing some timelapse-shooting as well as normal photograpy, and I have been looking at the Sigma 8-16 F4.5-5.6 and read some good reviews on it. Today I also was presented the 18-35mm F1.8, which was a better choice, according to the guy at the shop. I have an 35mm F1.4, and 85mm F1.4 and a 70-200 F2.8 already, so I'm looking for some wide angle lens that can cover the lower zoom use.

What lens would you go for? Any other suggestions in the same price range?

folastuen's gear list:folastuen's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +4 more
Nikon D7100 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow